Last year was my first season Splitboarding. I got out for a few trips and loved it. I am looking to get out much more this season. Other than getting out on my board I love to see what gear is out there and what people pack on various trips. Packing your bag is a personal process and what works for me may not work for everyone. After you get out on your first few tours you will be able to start tweaking what you bring so you can get the most out of your days in the backcountry. Let start by looking at the staples, these are the things that you will need regardless of your preference, trip duration, and location.
- Touring Skis or Splitboard
- Skins (Cut to fit your Skis or Splitboard)
- Avalanche Beacon (fully charged)
- Extra batteries
- First-aid Kit (contents up to you)
- Repair Kit (contents up to you)